Saturday, July 28, 2018

Book Review: Dare To Love


Dare to Love by C.P. Santi is a book about second chance at love with hope and forgiveness. It is set in one of the provinces in the Philippines but it will also take you to the two of the most historic places of the country. Gia is a single mother of twins and an architect. When she gets home from Manila, she finds a half naked stranger in her bed.

This is my third or probably fourth book by C.P. Santi and it is my second favorite of all. (My all time favorite is Bucket List to Love. Go get it now too if you haven't get it. I do hope you managed to snagged it for free since it was free for the past few days. It's set in Tokyo and it's another second chance at love too. You'll also fall in love with it.) When I started it, I didn't know what to expect so I was surprised when it was set closer to me than I imagined. I've been to that church and saw it many times when I was kid. It was a pleasant surprise, reading books closer to home since I'm used to reading Western books. It's one of the reasons I enjoy reading #romanceclass books.


The other unexpected yet cool surprise was the priests and Gia's closeness to church. I grew up in a catholic school ran by nuns, and I must admit I encountered two priests who were handsome than most. Back in school, everyone had a crush on that long haired priest. The other one I distinctly remember because he smelled good that I was distracted while I was confessing. Talk about improper, right? (LOL!) But don't be too put off. Dare to Love is a romance novella as promised and not too religious even if Gia's brother and uncle are priests. The leading man here is not a priest or priest in training. He's an anthropologist with sexy tattoos. 

But other than those things I didn't see coming, I liked Gia. She was a good mother and very passionate about her job. The romance wasn't a whirlwind one but it built up nicely. The tension and the dancing between the two main characters were enjoyable. Dare to Love is a light enjoyable read with experiences of trying to trust again, taking that first step, closures of past, and a great ending you couldn't ask for anything else.

If you're looking for a book with churches on it, architecture, guys with tattoos but great with kids, happily ever afters, believable hesitations of going into another love after getting heartbroken, get this book here now. It's only for $2.99. Try to check the romanceclass website if it's available in print.

No comments:

Post a Comment