Thursday, August 2, 2018

Books I'm Reading this Month [0818] + July Book Haul


I'm a little ambitious this month and I hope I can read the books I've listed. Based on my own estimate of how fast I read a certain book, I need four more days to finish all the books for August. That's me. I try to estimate how man days it would take to finish one book. Do you do the same? Some days it's accurate but most days, when the book is so good, I wouldn't be able to put it down until I finish it. 


Buwan ng Wika is this August and I'm ashamed of myself because I only included one book by a Filipino author. I would try to make a list of my favorite books by Filipino authors to make up for it and maybe read another or two #romanceclass books.

But you know what's great with a bigger list of TBR, you get to pick several books at one time and let your mood decide what you'll be reading first. In my case, the key is balance. Like I said in my previous posts, I can't last long without reading anything romance. This is also proved useful when I hit a slump in one book and don't feel like continuing it. I'd put it down and pick another. Before the month ends, I'll pick up the book I stopped. Another technique I found useful was a chapter or two a day. I do this for books I have a hard time reading, mostly classics. 

For this month, I have one book that's a recent release. Scroll down to find out what book it is.

By the way, if you click the pictures, it would redirect you to buy links and description for the books.

Recently Read


I've been thinking about this book past few nights. I'm trying to reconcile what I missed and the clues because I guessed wrong. Basically, going ahh and nodding.


Currently Reading


This is a highly anticipated book of this year. I saw many good things about this book. I'm only at the beginning and it is indeed a page turner.


This is another book I owned in print. It is also a page turner. It wasn't what I expected and it's good. I can't wait to read more.


This is surprisingly easy to read but I started this last July in place of Passion. I'd probably read this through next month. I only read two stories per day.

To Be Read


It came on sale in Kindle so I grabbed it. The premise looked interesting. There are similarities to the book I'm currently writing.


Thanks to Xpresso Book Tours for providing me a copy. 


I think I've read an excerpt of this book on Wattpad wayback. I'll finally get to read the entire book this time.


The cover looks awesome even though the sort of cheating in the synopsis is a turn off. But I'll see.


 

This book is sort of a maybe but I want to read it before the MIBF next month. I've always wanted to read this but it's so hard to find it here in the local bookstores then it came on sale in Kindle. I prefer this cover though.


Book Haul (Physical and Kindle

It wasn't my plan to buy books last month but there were sales and I couldn't resist. The books were 25% off. I got a hardbound Windwitch for only P100. I was already happy when I bought Warcross for 50% off but I had to come back. I'm on a book buying ban this month to prepare for the book fair next month.


As for Kindle, I got these books for $2.99 or $1.99 but starting from World Cup Hook Up, I got it for free.


Happy reading everyone! What books did you get last month?

No comments:

Post a Comment