Friday, February 26, 2021

My Top 3 Korean Drama BFs

I thought I would have watched tons of new dramas when it was in lockdown. Turned out stressing about the future made me want to rematch instead of venturing into something new. I've started several dramas and couldn't commit to finishing it. Abandoning a drama was easier now. When I didn't like the plot, character, or when it was heavy drama, I dropped it. I value my peace of mind now rather than that sense of accomplishment that comes with finishing a drama.

I've always wanted to make a post like this. This was supposed to be for Valentine's Days, but I couldn't finish it on time. With the inputs from my sister, I selected my three best boyfriend materials from Korean Dramas I've seen.

There are ton of spoilers in my post, so if you haven't seen it, please be warned. All three are available on Netflix. New Journey To The West Season 7 and 8 are available on Viu. I wish all the older seasons are available there too.


1. Ri Jeong Hyuk from Crash Landing On You

Hyun Bin skyrocketed my standards. He's like at the top, so high no one could compare. He was a tsundere at first, but then he was so nice and kind. He only seemed cold towards Seri but he actually listened to her and provided all that she ever wanted. Is there actually a real life man like that? Lol.

His only flaw was he had a fiancee when he and Seri were starting to fall in love with each other. But his fiancee was his brother's and it was more of a political arrangement. Totally forgivable! He was also already smitten with Seri when he saw her in Switzerland. 

It also didn't hurt that he looked good in military uniforms and suits. Plus that part where the agent was showing CCTV footages of Ri Jeong Hyuk and all videos were him being kind. Golden!

Lastly, I took in consideration that I liked Hyun Bin as he is. 

2. Lee Ik Jun from Hospital Playlist

Here's another kind character. He's the one in the middle if you haven't seen it. (Go watch it if you haven't! It's the best medical friendship musical drama ever. Season 2 isn't out yet though.)

Jo Jeong Suk finally graduated from our Chefeunim/syepeunim. He's a better character here than in Oh My Ghost. He also sang in Jealousy Incarnate on their wedding but he sang A LOT here.

His character in this drama was a good single father, a good friend, and the kindest doctor. He's smart and friendly. He seemed to have friends in every department despite his busy schedule. The only downside is he'd be busy with his shift so you would have to savor every moment you have with him like their meals and band sessions. I can't wait for season 2!

3. Sunwoo Jun from Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol

So he's 19, and he has cancer (worst plot twist ever)! But I discovered I was a sucker for kind characters. Not the overly sacrificial ones, but just the right amount that treat their partners like they're princesses. 

Jun-ah was just like that in this drama. He was extra kind with Rara, though. A little aloof and mysterious to others, but that was because of his situation. Despite his age, he was more capable than Rara and good at everything. The twist kinda ruined everything. I liked the drama because it was light, cute, and fun except the first two and the last two episodes.

I thought hard about whom to place here. My ultimate fave actor is Lee Jong Suk and I have seen all of his drama and movies, but I don't see myself liking his characters as my boyfriend. Andrea from the Hospital Playlist almost made it to the top 3 because he's also kind and great with kids but he loves God the most. 

Lee Gon from The King: The Eternal Monarch fits my standards. He might have a little attitude, but he was a gentleman, smart and kind. Too bad I'm not really a fan of Lee Min Ho. Then there was Park Seo Joon. I loved Fight For My Way, but I didn't really like his character there. I also didn't like his narcissistic side in What's Wrong With Secretary Kim. 

There was also Kim Soo Hyun. He's a great actor. I loved his dramas, but his characters fit perfectly just for his leading ladies. I considered Park Bo Gum as well, but I don't really want a Baduk genius boyfriend or a serial killer one. I love Ji Chang Wook too, but yeah, his characters are not my type. I haven't seen his latest though.

I think I might have forgotten to mention a few guys that I totally adore like Kim Seon Ho, Seo In Guk, Ji Sung, and many others. I should probably make a post about my Korean crushes someday.

But these guys deserve a special mention because they saved my 2020. 


I discovered them back in 2019 when they were doing Kang's Kitchen and I saw a rerun of Season 6 on TV. I've never been into Korean Variety Shows before them. 

Contrary to other fans, I don't wish for AJH to return to this show. I liked him because he was good to his wife and the show displayed too much of that especially in Season 2 and 3.

Anyway, I've been re-watching Kang's Kitchen 2 and 3. I miss them already.

This was supposed to be a short quick post, and it evolved into this. Have a great weekend! 

What about you? Who's your favorite Korean Drama Character? Maybe I should have included that in my list. Tell me in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment