Saturday, January 23, 2016

Concert Experience: One Ok Rock Live in Manila 2016

I should have posted this last Wednesday but alas, I only wrote it now. I have never made an entry about the only two other concerts I've been but I assure you, those were awesome experiences, probably one of the best moments of my life. All Time Low was the headliners in both of them. I missed their first concert here in the Philippines and I deeply regretted it but I won't miss future concerts from now on. 

Right. Back to One Ok Rock. If you're an avid fan of anime, manga, or live dramas, or even j-rock, then you must have at least know them. If not, then do you probably remember Samurai X or Rurouni Kenshin. I'm not talking about the anime but the movie. It was also screened here in the Philippines. I used to look forward seeing the billboard every week back then. The Beginning is one of their famous songs. If you still don't know them, then you probably heard a Japanese Rock Band who released an album in the United States. They were on the tour last year with All Time Low, Sleeping With Sirens and Neck Deep on The Back to the Future Hearts tour. Right now, they are on Asia Tour then on Japan Tour with All Time Low. 

Many fans have many reactions with their latest album but I won't be writing about it here. I'm sure they'll reach their dreams and really make it big. Fans will help them. I bet they really are tired right now with the nonstop tour. Oh, the life of musicians. 

Back to the concert. Wow. The fans were so freaking early. I woke up in the morning and there were already lines. Despite that I still got a good and incredible view when I line up at four in the afternoon. The gates were opened later than time announced so the show also started a bit later too. Nonetheless, it was better than the All Time Low x The Main concert. At that time, fans were the reason of the delay and short setlist for The Maine. I was afraid that it might happen again. Thankfully, it didn't.

In this concert too, I realized that the crowd with every concerts are not the same. Even though my last two concerts, the All Time Low headliners but my first one was a festival. I must say I prefer rock/punk crowds. But. Yes, but. The One Ok Rock crowd/fans last Tuesday night was also amazing and they are dedicated too.  

To make it short, I enjoyed it. The concert was shorter than I expected even though I knew the set list already but I salute Taka. He sang with energy and the songs were not that easy to sing. Toru, Tomoya and Ryota was great too. I got to see more of that night Toru and good heavens, can I go back to that night and call his name more? 

One thing I discovered is I should improve my stamina. I know right. Rock concerts. 

That night made it to my best moments of my life. One of the most memorable events. 

I hope Pulp Live World would bring Spyair and Bump of Chicken next. 

The Used and We The Kings are the next ones in my list but I shall still see.

This picture is from Taka's IG. I wish you guys could see me but I couldn't even distinguish my hand (I was sure it's the only part of me that got photographed.) I'm on the left side. I know I was there. :)

Please come back again ONE OK ROCK! See you! Thank you for that wonderful night! Rock on!




Then here is my most favorite song of One Ok Rock. Adult Suit in their album Niche Syndrome.


As for my favorite songs in their deluxe album is One by One, The Way Back and Last Dance. I like the Cry Out and Heartache Japanese version more. When I read an article/interview of Taka about the MV of Last Dance, I began to like the song even more. It has nothing to do with alien invasions. My other favorites are All Mine,  Nobody's Home, The Beginning and 69. 

Before I end this quite long entry, here is my usual recommendations.

For Manga, go and check out, Boku no Hatsukoi wo Kimi ni Sasagu (I Gave My First Love to You) by Kotomi Aoki if you haven't read it yet. It has a movie too but be warned, prepare tissues. The manga and the live action movie have different endings. I might write a review about it once I read it again. 

For Anime, Rurouni Kenshin. I watched it in Animax before when I was younger. It never gets old. 

For Book, If I stay by Gayle Forman. It also has a movie and a sequel book, Where She Went. 

For Korean Drama, Healer. 

For some old J-Drama, 1 Litre of Tears still remained one of my all time favorite. 

See you in my next post! 

The reconstruction of this blog might begin by next week or next month. 'Till then, have fun, persevere and follow your dream.

Truly, 
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment